[SDBUG] Netgear Router

Dave Smith dsmith at n2.net
Sun Nov 16 21:56:00 PST 2003

DNS is not the cause of changing ping times.  DNS is only used to lookup
the IP address from the name in the beginning of a ping or download.

Time Warner RoadRunner usually uses DHCP for their clients to send
them information such as the IP address, and the IP address of the
DNS servers for them to use.  Usually, the Netgear router should be
set up to use DHCP to get the information from the RoadRunner servers.

If you need to know the current IP addresses of their servers, all
you need to do is to hook up your computer directly to RoadRunner
and then use a utility such as winipcfg or ipconfig that comes with
Windows to give you the information provided by their DHCP server.

Dave Smith