FW: [SDBUG] ifconfig ; And ZoneAlarm

Peter Leftwich Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com
Fri Aug 5 10:25:26 PDT 2005

Re: http://nixdoc.net/man-pages/FreeBSD/man8/ifconfig.8.html

Oops, I should have been saying "ifconfig lo destroy" and "create"
as an opposite action, below, rather than saying "up" and "down"!
-Peter

------------------------- Original Message -------------------------
Subject: ifconfig ; And ZoneAlarm
From:    "Peter Leftwich" <Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com>
Date:    Fri, August 5, 2005 10:20
To:      sdbug at sdbug.org

Hi again guys,

If I "su" then do "ifconfig lo down" - how do I... get "lo" back?
Is the command just "ifconfig lo up" ?  Can you recommend a website
where I can learn more about FreeBSD and the network interfaces?

Also, I am wondering, if I use nat or ipsec (software-based
firewalls, yes?), will THEY then appear in the output of "ifconfig" ?

Has anyone used the software known as "ZoneAlarm" for Windows?  I am
wondering if there is a similar GUI product but for Linux rpm's
(Knoppix/Debian) or of course, in the FreeBSD ports tree...

Appreciate it, and happy ifconfigging the day away,

--
Peter Leftwich, Owner
Video2Video Services