[SDBUG] January Meeting

Michael J McCafferty mike at m5computersecurity.com
Thu Jan 4 20:35:52 PST 2007

Yes... we are still here. Finishing up the drinks. Done with food.
Waitress Christina looks radiant tonight. I am reading her this email
and she is shaking her head, telling me I am crazy.

Topics of discussion this evening:
Why not to use RAID 5 for databases (relational or otherwise) or any
random-like IO.

For those that didn't know what the heck we were taling about, we
covered the intimate details of RAID 0,1, 4 and 5.

LUN and FS size limitations and experiences with various OSes and SANs.

How to transfer several terabytes from one system to another over a
LAN. Encountering issues with 10's of thoudands of files copying from
Windows to RedHat Enterprise server.

Dogs.

--
Michael J. McCafferty