[SDBUG] WOOT '10 Call for Papers Now Available
Lionel Garth Jones
lgj at usenix.org
Tue May 18 16:05:51 PDT 2010
On behalf of the 4th USENIX Workshop on Offensive Technologies (WOOT
'10) program committee, we are inviting you to submit papers that
present research advancing the understanding of attacks on operating
systems, networks, and applications. Please submit all papers by May 28,
2010, 11:59 p.m. PDT.
Computer security is unique among systems disciplines in that practical
details matter and concrete case studies keep the field grounded in
practice. WOOT provides a forum for high-quality, peer-reviewed papers
discussing tools and techniques for attack.
Submission topics include:
* Vulnerability research (software auditing, reverse engineering)
* Penetration testing
* Exploit techniques and automation
* Network-based attacks (routing, DNS, IDS/IPS/firewall evasion)
* Reconnaissance (scanning, software, and hardware fingerprinting)
* Malware design and implementation (rootkits, viruses, bots, worms)
* Denial-of-service attacks
* Web and database security
* Weaknesses in deployed systems (VoIP, telephony, wireless, games)
* Practical cryptanalysis (hardware, DRM, etc.)
Co-located with the 19th USENIX Security Symposium in Washington, DC,
WOOT '10 will take place on Monday, August 9, 2010.
Submissions are due Friday, May 28, 2010, 11:59 p.m. PDT.
For more details on the submission process, please see the complete
Call for Papers at:
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
Charlie Miller, Independent Security Evaluators
Hovav Shacham, University of California, San Diego
WOOT '10 Program Co-Chairs
woot10chairs at usenix.org
Call for Papers
4th USENIX Workshop on Offensive Technologies (WOOT '10)
August 9, 2010
Submissions Deadline: May 28, 2010, 11:59 p.m. PDT
More information about the SDBUG